|Title||Understanding threats, resolving conflicts and building collaborative solutions, in the Soufriere Marine Management Area (SMMA) and the Canaries & Anse La Raye Marine Management Area
|Funding||Directorate General for Development Cooperation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with support from United Nations Environment Programme-Caribbean Environment Programme (UNEP-CEP), the Specially Protected Areas and Wildlife-Regional Activity Centre (SPAW-RAC) and the Caribbean Marine Protected Area Management (CaMPAM). Co-financing was provided by The Discovery @ Marigot Bay and the Department of Fisheries, St. .|
|Report||Download a copy of the project report|
|Title||Adaptive Capacity for MPA Governance in the Eastern Caribbean|
|Funding||CERMES, UWI., NOAA|
What Do We Do?
The SMMA concerns itself with a range of activities that include:
- Scientific research on the natural resources of the area.
- Regular monitoring of coral reefs, water quality and other environmental factors and resources.
- Public information and sensitization.
- Provision of facilities for users of the SMMA, e.g. moorings.
- Coordination of economic activities related to the SMMA and its resources.
- Promotion of technologies that are appropriate and linked with local environmental, social and cultural aspects of the SMMA.
- Surveillance and enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Conflict resolution among the various user groups whenever necessary.
- Maintenance of the principles of ongoing participation and public consultation.
Get involved! Your support, contributions and ideas help us to protect our valuable resources.